Help Greater Toledo Right to Life and Ohio Right to Life find “The Pro-Life Generation.”
We’re looking for videos that answer the question, “Why are you pro-life?”
Two Contests are happening simultaneously. You must enter both contests. Same video can be submitted for both.
Greater Toledo Winners will receive $300 for 1st Place, $200 for 2nd Place and $100 for 3rd place. And their video featured on the Greater Toledo Right to Life website.
The Ohio Right to Life winner will receive a 16GB iPad Mini and their video will be featured on the Ohio Right to Life (ORTL) website.
Watch the Ohio Right to Life Video to Find out More
Contest Deadline: Sunday, March 31, 2013 by 11:59 pm
We need you to help us educate our state on what it truly means to be pro-life. This generation, the pro-life generation, will be the one that stands up and speaks up for all life and it is your challenge to tell the world why you are a strong and thinking member of this pro-life generation.
Videos must be submitted in one of two categories: exactly 30 seconds or exactly 60 seconds.
The goal of this video contest is to see and hear from the many voices that make up the pro-life generation and to share the many and varied reasons why a person believes in and supports life. The contest is open to high school and college students.
One winning video will be chosen for the ORTL Contest. The winner will receive a 16GB iPad Mini and their video will be featured on Ohio Right to Life’s website. Three winners will be chosen for the Greater Toledo Right to Life Contest. (1st Place - $300, 2nd Place $200 and 3rd Place $100) Entries must be received by March 31, 2013 by 11:59 PM EST. The contest winner will be notified in April via e-mail and announced publicly after. Each organization must receive separate copies and entry applications.
We seek videos that emphasize the varied facets of the pro-life movement and why each is important to our cause, reflecting the value of every life. Examples of possible video topics include:
• Why abortion is not the answer.
• The special and unique blessing that is love in adoption.
• What is the current status of foster care in Ohio? Can it be changed?
• How human trafficking is not simply present in Thailand or S.E. Asia, but here in Ohio.
• The importance of active citizens utilizing their local and state government to enact meaningful change via pro-life legislation.
• Science and religion are not mutually exclusive in the debate surrounding life. There is great power in each to support all life.
• Assisted suicide is never a proper expression of compassion. There are positive steps of advocacy to protect all stages of human life.
• With technology advancing so rapidly, there is great power in social media and other tools in the online world that can be harnessed to promote life. What will you do to change the game? Videos will be judged on the basis of: creativity and originality, quality, technical accuracy and content of message. You may wish to review some pro-life resources about these topics. Information on these topics can be found at ohiolife.org.
Getting Started – Basic Information Step 1: Get the Details
Videos must be either 30 or 60 seconds. Submissions that do not fall within either of these time categories will not be judged. Three finalists will be selected by an expert panel on the basis of:
• Creativity and originality • Quality • Technical Accuracy • Content of Message Keep it clean. No violence, profanity, sex or direct attacks on individuals or organizations. Your video must not infringe on any third party rights. By submitting a video to this contest, you grant to Greater Toledo Right to Life and Ohio Right to Life a royalty-free license to copy, distribute, modify, display and perform publicly and otherwise use and authorize others to use your video for any educational purpose and in any media.
Step 2: Make Your Video and Post to YouTube Login to your YouTube account and upload your 30 or 60 second video as a video response to Ohio Right to Life’s contest introductory video on the ORTL YouTube Channel. Do the same for the GTRight2Life. For information on how to upload a video response, see our “Getting Started” tab. Post your video by March 31, 2013 by 11:59 PM EST or you will be disqualified from the contest. The video should end with text that directs the viewers to our Website for a minimum of three seconds: "www.ohiolife.org". Use of the Ohio Right to Life logo is not allowed. The use of YouTube.com to accept contest entries does not imply an endorsement of the site or its parent company by Ohio Right to Life. The views presented in these videos are those of the contest submitters and do not necessarily reflect those of ORTL. Mention of commercial enterprises, organizations, or other publications does not mean the ORTL endorses them. Videos can be funny or serious, as long as they focus on the contest theme of showcasing the pro-life generation and answer the question, “Why are you pro-life?”
Step 3: Make it Official – Complete the Entry Form Your entry is not complete until you fill out the contest entry form. Your video will not be included in judging if you have not completed the entry form. The contest winner will be notified in April via e-mail.
You will do the same for the Greater Toledo Right to Life Video. You enter both contests, you must submit to both sites and complete both entry forms.
• You must be a U.S. citizen or legal resident to enter and win. ORTL employees, contractors and their immediate family members may enter, but are not eligible to win.
• Entrants must complete the contest entry form and provide valid contact information.
• The selected three finalists will be judged by an expert panel on the basis of creativity and originality, quality, technical accuracy and content of the message. ORTL reserves the right to not select a winner if none of the entries received are judged to be high quality based on the above criteria. A one-week period of public voting will then take place to determine the final winner.
• The video must be your own original creation. No copyrighted music, video, or images may be used in the video.
• Your video must not infringe on any third party rights.
• By submitting a video to this contest, you grant to ORTL a royalty-free license to copy, distribute, modify, display and perform publicly and otherwise use, and authorize others to use, your video for any educational purpose throughout the world and in any media.
• ORTL will disqualify any entries it deems to contain offensive material.
• If the entrant is a minor under the age of eighteen, if your video is chosen, ORTL will need to contact the parent/ legal guardian to verify permission. Any entrant under eighteen that does not provide valid contact information for a parent/legal guardian will not be eligible to win.
• Entries must be received by March 31, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST. The winner will be notified via e-mail and announced in April.
• Entrants must agree to these terms and conditions, or the agreement of a legal guardian must be obtained if the entrant is a minor.
Personal information collected from video submitters to the ORTL Video Contest will never be sold. The information collected for this contest will only be used to contact video submitters in direct relation to the contest.
The contest winners’ names (and the names of any honorable mentions ORTL may select) will be announced publicly, after consultation with the winner and any honorable mentions, as a part of the ORTL Video Contest award recognition process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Where do I upload my video?
A: You will upload your video as a video response to ORTL’s contest introduction video on the ORTL YouTube Channel.
A: You will upload your video as a response to the GTRTL’s contest introduction on the GTRTL YouTube Channel.
Q: Who is eligible to win the contest? A: Any pro-life high school or college student. Q: What are the deadlines and dates for the contest?
A: All videos must be submitted by March 31st at 11:59 PM EST to be eligible to win. The three finalists will be announced on Friday April 5th, 2013, at 9 AM EST. Public voting will take place for one week until Friday, April 12th, 2013, at 8:59 AM EST on the ORTL website where the video with the most votes will win.
Q: Does my video have to explicitly say, “...and that’s why I’m pro-life”?
A: Yes. You don’t need to be speaking to the camera the whole time, but at some point, you must use the phrase “...and that’s why I’m pro-life.” The whole point is to get creative with how you say this message!
Q: What if I don’t have a video camera?
A: Do you have a smartphone? The video quality on today’s phones is simply amazing and the quality will be just fine. YouTube is an excellent resource for finding neat ways of using minimal resources for excellent results.
Q: How do I vote for the video I want to win?
A: After the announcement of the three finalists on Friday, April 5, 2013, you will have one week where you can vote for your favorite video, one time per day, on the voting page at ohiolife.org. You are encouraged to spread the word about your video to as many people as you can! Use Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, e-mail, postcards, phone calls, billboards, sky-writing, Morse code, mime, mermaid dancing—the possibilities are endless!
Q: Who do I contact if I have any questions about the contest?
A: Please feel free to call Emmalee Kalmbach, ORTL Director of Communications, at 614-547-0099 if you have any questions or are having difficulties relating to the contest. And Meg Bonhamat Greater Toledo Right to Life at 419/535-5800.
The following videos can inspire you and spark ideas for your video.